RedHat 8.0 & MySQL issues??? (was RE: Troubleshooting X)

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:47:26 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Craig White on 1/20/2003 10:59 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ what does this have to do with the price of tea in Taipei?
\_
\_ It's beta 4 of mysql that's discussed on your link.

And there are later betas, fwiw.  In my experience, some of those are
bad combos of redhat glibc vs mysql.  #redhat bags on the mysql code
stability, mysql.com bags on rh compiler choice.  Pick your side.

\_ your avoid the *.0 release rule is too vague to be considered. Yes, I
\_ would restrain myself from throwing it on a production server. But for
\_ my own desktop...why the hell not?

FWIW, I don't remember rh7.0 going down smooth in the group either.

David