Debian X config problems

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:41:33 -0500

Hans,
Thanks much for the feedback.  I went with Debian on this one because, given
the problems I was having with the CD and its IDE interface, I thought a
network install would work best - and I get the impression that Debian's
support for this sort of thing is the most mature.  Besides, I was being
lazy; I already had a Debian network-install CD burned.

Anyway, I made the changes you suggested, did the updates, downloaded the
"unstable" versions of xfree86, and also had to download the library for
libglide2x.  When all this was done, I still encountered the following error
when running xf86cfg:

(WW) ATI: PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:5:0 could not be detected!

The XFree86 version for this was 4.2.1.1.  I tried "unstable" first because I
was under the impression that it was more mature than "testing."  I tried to
reload xfree86-server for "testing", but apt-get said that I already had the
newest version.

Am I SOL?

Vaughn Treude