Debian X config problems

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:42:39 -0500

Well, once again, I made things harder for myself than they needed to be.
Since this notebook is for a Linux newbie, I didn't really want to get into
the more-sophisticated Debian capabilities anyway.  :-) (Although I did learn
some useful stuff about apt-get.)  I found some old Mandrake 7.2 install
disks and they worked fine.  I had totally expected that X wouldn't work in
the older distro because this is a very new system.  Either I made some
mistake in my selections, or the Debian auto-configuration was not sensing
the display correctly.  In any case, the thing's configured.  Thanks anyway
to Hans and Nathan for their replies.

Vaughn Treude