Fwd: Pre-Sales Engr Job Opening

tickticker plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:20:09 -0700

my favorites are the ones that ask for more experience that the product h=
as=20
been out, for example:

mcse in windows2k needed - 5 years experience (huh?)
8 yrs experience with Netware 5.x and 6.x
C# programmer, 4 yrs experience with website and transaction experience

and my personal favorite ( though a poor attempt I'm sure):

WANTED:
Need Engineer Level II with ccnp, mcse, and mcne that has HPUX, AIX, OS/4=
00,=20
Microsoft, novell experience, 5 million years experience each to help dev=
elop=20
network.  must be fluent in C#, Java, C++, VB, RPG, Scripting, Perl, Pyth=
on,=20
ASP, Pascal.  Familiarity with creating new network OSs that run on route=
rs,=20
x86, MIPs, RISC, CISC, and flash architectures using assembly, hex, and=20
binary a plus.  Must be able to lead a team of supervisors with the bigge=
st=20
project ever thought of by man.  Will report to CIO, CEO, CFO, CTO, COO, =
and=20
every other member of management. Extra hours on weekends and holidays, m=
ust=20
be willing to travel 125% of the time, and telecommuting the other 50% of=
 the=20
time.  Must be proficient with notepad, typewriter, word processor,=20
dictation, shorthand, Word, Excel, and peeing in the snow.  No benefits f=
or=20
first 3650 days.  Stock options available day 1 for price of paper printe=
d=20
on.  Telecommunications include Requires understanding of Data Infrastruc=
ture=20
installation - WAN, Router installation facilitation with multiple vendor=
s=20
and site contacts. Communication of prework followup, implementation upda=
tes=20
(site surveys, LEC work, installs; individual inquiries from site operati=
ons=20
and Project Managers. Clients: Telecommunication staff: clarification of=20
prework, notification of LEC and Telsource visits, inside wiring issues. =
Do=20
status updates & database updates on install.  PhD required, or Masters a=
nd 2=20
years experience, or BS and 4 years experience, or Associates and 6 years=
=20
experience, or any amount of experience qualifying individual to competen=
tly=20
fulfill position.  Salary DOE

any help with tweaking this ad would be appreciated, it's probably going =
to=20
flood the job boards shortly and we want to make sure we get the right=20
people. :-P

Anthony