thanks for the help

Arizona Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Jan 2003 07:14:20 -0700

I appreciate everyone that had suggestions for the open office issue I
was having.  Here is what worked, for some unknown reason.

Removed all files manually as ./setup did not work, just wanted to
install another "user", no matter whether I was using /opt or /home.
Shutdown for two minutes and grabbed file from website.  Installed as
stated on instructions.  Initially, I did the same bit of stuff but I
think the file from the burned CD that I had was not right or had
issues.  That file from CD was the second one installed.  The first time
installed was from Mandrake 8.2 CD.

So, in essence, going to the direct source is a good thing.  It now
works flawless.  And I take back all the bad things I ever said about
the program......grumbling shouldn't be used in this context, especially
when user error exists.

Kimi Adams