PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #3175 - 12 msgs

Kyle Faber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:44:52 -0700

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 10:30 am, David A. Sinck wrote:
> \_ SMTP quoth George Gambill on 1/8/2003 09:02 as having spake thusly:
> \_
> \_ Very good point.  I will move the CD to the IDE2 cable and move the
> second \_ HD to the IED1 cable as a slave thereby making it hdb.
>
> I seem to remember something that suggested putting the hard drives in
> the master spots and the cd on the second slave for optimum
> performance.   I also seem remember something about "from listening
> comes wisdom and speaking repentance".

=09I've always tried to figure out how I was going to be using the system=
=2E  If=20
its a CD Burner I am moving around, I leave my primary CD data source (Ha=
rd=20
drive for me) as Primary master and the Burner as Secondary master so tha=
t=20
they both get data preference for fewer coasters.  Now with a second CD d=
rive=20
(DVD?)  the question would be are you moving more data from CD to a new C=
D or=20
from CD to hard drive.  Whatever the answer is, put it on the other IDE p=
ort=20
(ie if you copy a lot of CD's, "on the fly" make the DVD drive primary sl=
ave)=20
again so that you can utilize both IDE channels to their full potential.

=09I almost never copy " on the fly" so I have a 2 hds on my primary and =
2 CDs=20
on my secondary, with the burner as the master.

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet
kyle@emr.net
623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

**EMR Internet - Residential & Business Solutions for YOUR business! **

* Dial-up
* DSL
* Web-hosting
* Server Co-Location