cox cable and linux

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:00:38 -0700

Go buy a linksys router box. Seriously.  I know people will go off
about how using a dedicated linux box is a better, but IMHO I don't
agree. A Linksys box takes up a _lot_ less space than a dedicated machine,
requires almost no power, etc.  Also, what happens if for some reason
you need to take the Linux router down for an upgrade or if the disk
creashes while someone else at home wants to use the web? SOL. The
Linksys has no mechanical parts and is much less prone to HW errors
then a Linux box. Management is also lot simpler IMHO.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena@plexity.net

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security - Benjamin Franklin -