cox cable and linux

Will Totten plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:36:37 -0700

Carl,

I went with the hw router because at that time I had only one linux
machine to play with.  And by play I mean break stuff.  And everytime I
took the machine down I lost the internet connection I was using to
learn how to fix it.  Not to mention, my wife got upset when she
couldn't surf ebay for a day or two untill I got around to fixing it.

So basically, I got the hw router for convenience.  Don't get me wrong,
I wouldn't discourage anyone from learning how to setup a router on
linux.  I've setup several little 486 linux routers for friends that
wanted to start home networks and they have had zero problems.