C++ and programming

Aaron Cordova plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:17:39 +0000

I switched from M$ Windows to linux thinking I would sorta be forced to
learn more programming. I have had two college classed in C++ but I have yet
to learn how to really "Code" not once in either classes was any serious
application programming taught. I need to learn to program desperately. But
trying to sit down and page through code is very very boring. When I'm
debugging I can spend hours in front of the terminal, same with trying to
hack one of my friends programs. But whenever I try to hack/figure out, a
complex app I get frustrated because right off the bat the code gets very
advanced or is commented in a way only a guru would understand.
I have read a few c++ books but they are almost all the same, covering the
same thing over and over. Can someone recomend a book or a method to help me
to break out of newbie code? I would greatly appreciate it.