Rebooting problems

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 05:24:07 -0800 (PST)

The contents of this file may be irrelevant after you "get my box up and
running."  What IRQ and IO port do your NIC's occupy after you configure
them?  (ifconfig will tell you.)  Those are the values you should put
in /etc/modules.conf, if at all.  I haven't put IRQ's and IO addresses in that
file in over three years - I let modprobe figure it out for me.  Hard coding
values in /etc/modules.conf can really mess you up if you move cards around in
your box.

What steps do you take to get the box configured correctly?

And to answer your repeated question, no, this is not how Linux is supposed to
work.  This behavior means you have a misconfiguration.

George