Rebooting problems

Cliff Rogers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 22:16:25 -0800

Here is my modules.conf file:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

alias eth0 8139too
alias eth1 8139too
options 8139too irq=11,3 io=0xcc00, 0xe800

This is what it is after I get my box up and running. I Know that the
parport line is for the printer and I know that the alias lines are so that
I can use the same driver on both cards because they are identical cards.
The options line assigns the driver, IRQ, and I/O addresses to eth0 and eth1
respectively. At least that is what I understand this all to mean.
This is all saved in the modules.conf file but when I shutdown and then
reboot it will come up with the option line assigning the same IRQ and I/O
address to both cards. Also my NIC's are not side by side but they have at
least one slot between them. Everything works fine until I power down.
Thanks again for any and all the help. Cliff