Rebooting problems

Cliff Rogers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:07:30 -0800

George, pardon me for my frustrations. The IRQ and I/O that I posted are
what I have to set them to to get it to work. I have NOT moved the cards or
even opened the box during the time I have had it up and down. I had put the
values in /etc/modules.conf before the last reboot but after I rebooted I
found that the values where changed to be identical IRQ and I/O and that
they were the values I listed for eth1.
The steps I take are to use the ClarkConnect console to set up the proper
IRQ and I/O for eth0 and eth1.Then I use vi from the command line on the
modules.conf file to verify and/or set them up. I just realized that if
changing the configuration using the console is not changing the
modules.conf then maybe I have something with the clarkConnect distro
causing this problem. Any thoughts on this from someone? Anyway, the last
thing I do is to restart my network connection from the ClarkConnect
console. Usually after that it is all working. Cliff