Cost for Cox Business connection?

Kyle Faber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:15:00 -0700

On Thursday 27 February 2003 2:09 pm, Kim Allen wrote:
> Actually the rule changes affect alternative DSL providers like Covad.
> ISPs like Fastq contract with the DSL provider to act as an endpoint. S=
> there can be many ISPs (like fastq.com, msn.com, etc) for one DSL provi=
der
> (like Qwest).

=09This is absolutely correct.  EMR Internet provides an alternative ISP =
to=20
Qwest.net for DSL service and I have recently spoken with my reps to make=
=20
absolutely sure on this point (as well as read the FCC changes obviously)=
=2E

=09Folks like Covad may be in trouble, but they have been in trouble for =
awhile,=20
though this may be the final knife in the gut *shrugs*  I haven't been=20
monitoring their business plan.  The difference is, with Covad you don't =
get=20
a bill from Qwest at all, Covad buys wholesale.  DSL ISP's merely change =
the=20
IP path your data takes to the internet and thanks to MSN/AOL trying to g=
et=20
in on the DSL business, our position is safe by anti-trust arguments, at=20
least for the time being.

=09Your DSL is guaranteed safe with us, however.  =3D)

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet
kyle@emr.net
623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

**EMR Internet - Residential & Business Solutions for YOUR business! **

* Dial-up
* DSL
* Web-hosting
* Server Co-Location