Microsoft's first listed "Top Knowledgebase Article" on technet

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:20:31 -0700

  >> Let's face it, Linux isn't for everyone. There
  >> have been several times when I am tempted to write
  >> that a particular person should be running Windows
  >> and not Linux. ...

  rp> Believe it of not, I have people that call me all
  rp> the time that are totally lost in windows. ...

I'm one of them. No hablo windows.

My daugher just wanted to create some sort of a
calendar template in MS Word (on our Mac clone).
Couldn't figure it out, so I brought it up in XP
(running under VMware). Walked through a procedure
called the "calendar wizard", answered several
questions, and when I pressed the Finish button and was
about to tell my daughter "See how simple it is?" it
gave me a message "this template is not on the system"
and brought up a blank page.

Let's see now ... it runs the wizard, and *then* tells
me it can't do it. How *does* this company make so much
money, anyhow? The more I use MS products, the more
convinced I am that I will *never* own a machine that
runs one of ther OSes native.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ