Quick help

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
07 Feb 2003 16:04:33 -0700

--=-EzoLNwTL+qUHGScHX2KV

The driver is called imm and it puts the external zip drive on a scsi
device (sda if you don't have any other scsi device) and the disk is on
partition 4.  I.e. /dev/sda4
Most modern/current distros (Mandrake I'm sure of) will recognize the
zip drive when probing ports and insert it in the proper files.

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 09:15, Alan Dayley wrote:
> What kind of ZIP drive is it?  If it is IDE it should be recognized and a=
ccessable right away.  Mine is the slave drive on the secondary IDE bus so =
it is /dev/hdd.  The automount should mount it as soon as you push a disk i=
n.  If not, I would mount mine with "mount -t vfat /dev/hdd /mnt/zip", assu=
ming that it was the hdd device and that the /mnt/zip directory already exi=
sts.
>=20
> If you have a parallel ZIP drive, I know drivers exist for it but I have =
not used them an I can't help you there.
>=20
> Give us some more detail and I'm sure someone will have an answer.
>=20
> Alan
>=20
>=20