Quick help

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:15:38 -0700 (GMT)

------=_Part_922_7879914.1044627334584

What kind of ZIP drive is it?  If it is IDE it should be recognized and accessable right away.  Mine is the slave drive on the secondary IDE bus so it is /dev/hdd.  The automount should mount it as soon as you push a disk in.  If not, I would mount mine with "mount -t vfat /dev/hdd /mnt/zip", assuming that it was the hdd device and that the /mnt/zip directory already exists.

If you have a parallel ZIP drive, I know drivers exist for it but I have not used them an I can't help you there.

Give us some more detail and I'm sure someone will have an answer.

Alan

Original message attached.

------=_Part_922_7879914.1044627334584

<P>I have an extremely newbie question. How do you get Linux to recognize a zip drive?</P>
<P>We are installing Red Hat 7.3 as a project and need to know if you mount it during install or at anytime. We need to pull drivers off a zip disk to be able to use Gnome. Is there a website that anyone recommends for the research.</P>
------=_Part_922_7879914.1044627334584--