Cut Copy and Paste!

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:17:39 -0700

On Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:52 PM, Steven M. Klass wrote:

> I love the middle paste button of a mouse.  I am fanatical
> about it.  But I don't know how to do the following.
>
> Rumaging through some email, I come upon a web page link that
> I want to follow.  (http://www.google.com).  I highlight the
> link and my objective is to paste it (using the middle mouse
> button (MMB)) into my browser's goto place.  Now I usually just
> paste (MMB) behind the current address and then delete the old
> address.  Is there a faster way of doing this, or has someone
> created a neat way to do this?

A technique I use fairly frequently is:

- Click-drag to select some text
- Click in the area where I want to paste the selected text (e.g. a browser
address bar or a text field in an HTML form)
- Hit CTRL-U to delete the text that's already in the area (KEWL!!)
- Middle-mouse to paste

> I would think that someone created a way to like hold the control
> key highlight the existing text and paste and viola the new text
> replaces the old.

No to pick nits, but it's spelled "voila."  :)

~Jeff