How the tranfer lost of files over a crossover cable

Austin Godber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:45:30 -0700

Configure both network interfaces with temporary IPs (10.0.0.1 (XP) and
10.0.0.2 (Deb) maybe), if one is acting as a DHCP server already then
you can just have the other get an address.

Share the MP3 directory  on your XP machine.

Mount the XP MP3 share somewhere in linux (as root):
mount -t smbfs -o username=rob //10.0.0.1/mp3 /mnt/temp

copy from temporary mounted dir to destination on laptop
cp -r /mnt/tmp /mp3

Remove share of MP3 directory

put ethernet interfaces back as they were, presumably auto get IP (DHCP)

Austin