How the tranfer lost of files over a crossover cable

tickticker plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:50:39 -0700

The short version (more details if you need it)

1. Plug in the crossover cable to both PCs... do you have link light? (us=
ually=20
right next to the RJ-45 jack on your nic)

2. If so then you need to put them on the same IP subnet (192.168.0.1 and=
=20
192.168.0.2 will do with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0)

3. Set up samba and open a share (on one of the machines will do) and mou=
nt=20
the share on the second computer OR share the directory on the XP box and=
=20
mount it on the debian system.

4. copy files

5. close share

6. listen to music

happy trails,

anthony

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 04:28 pm, Rob Wultsch thought they were smart an=
d=20