How the tranfer lost of files over a crossover cable

Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:43:27 -0700 (MST)

Am 01. Apr, 2003 schw=E4tzte Rob Wultsch so:

> I have 3.5 gigs of *.mp3 on my XP (I also Have a knoppix disc if that
> helps) machine at home. How can I tranfer them over a piece of crossover
> to my laptop running debian?

Remove the mp3s, get the CDs back out of the closet and make oggs :).

Boot the Knoppix CD (this step can be done first to make the above step
easier).

Make sure you can see the files.

ifconfig eth0 192.168.21.12

On the laptop use something off the same /24.

ifconfig eth0 192.168.21.13

Now use scp whichever way to transfer the files.

scp -pr $musik_dir 192.168.21.13:

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans