Firewall Help

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:09:46 -0700 (MST)

Am 18. Sep, 2002 schwätzte cliff rogers so:

> Brian, I took your advice over the weekend and D/L'd the clarkconnect
> distro. It was able to format my HD and load and even booted up. My only
> problem was that I couldn't figure out how to finish whatever config it
> needed to see my LAN however it seemed to see Cox as it picked up a "good"
> IP address. My question is since I have to use 2 NIC cards in this box would
> I be better off to move my NIC from my desktop to the Linux box so that I

> have 2 different types of NICs or should I leave the 2 D-Link NICs in the
> Linux box. Linux does see both cards I just can;t figure out how to
> configure them both (I don't know which I am working with for sure). Anyway
> I just thought I would ask. Thanks for the help.   Cliff

2 NICs of the same type should be OK. It's actually a little better as it
can save you a few k in your kernel, but that's majorly negligible with
newer boxen.

They'll be eth0 and eth1.

You didn't use that box for your email, so I don't know what dist you're
using. Let us know which dist and version you're running and we can help you
figure out how to configure the network properly.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.