SW for school project

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
15 Sep 2002 22:17:36 -0700

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 21:03, DARREN BROWN wrote:
> The Great Plug Group,
>
> I am currently enrolled in a Systems Analysis and Design class.  This class we are working on a project as an IT consulting group for New Century Health Clinic.  The Clinic as been operating on a paper system since it opened its doors.  They curently have no computers to help perform the work.  The class groups have been assigned to design a new computer system to get away from all the paper trails.
> I am a user of Linux (RH) and would like to use open source for our project.  Most of the class is using Winblows and I do not want to even talk about my feelings on this subject.  I have no idea what is out there regarding open source sw for a health clinic.  I have seen some different references, but some of those web sites are no longer there or not in English.
> I will need to use a database for this project, which most of you may already know.  The big areas I need to focus on are; Appointments and Followup (reminders), Scheduling, and Insurance processing.
> Would anyone from this group be able to help me with this problem?
> Can you point me in the right direction or even a sw package?

This sounds like the exact type of thing GNUe was designed for or at
least many pieces of it.  It is a tool to build such an application (and
since your group is looking to build instead of get shrink wrap its a
good fit)  It is also 100% cross platform, so your windows loving team
members can chug along on windows while you happily use your redhat and
it gives the clinic the choice of running either or a mixture of the
two.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise