SW for school project

DARREN BROWN plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:03:26 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C25CFB.55C621B0

The Great Plug Group,

I am currently enrolled in a Systems Analysis and Design class.  This cla=
ss we are working on a project as an IT consulting group for New Century =
Health Clinic.  The Clinic as been operating on a paper system since it o=
pened its doors.  They curently have no computers to help perform the wor=
k.  The class groups have been assigned to design a new computer system t=
o get away from all the paper trails.
I am a user of Linux (RH) and would like to use open source for our proje=
ct.  Most of the class is using Winblows and I do not want to even talk a=
bout my feelings on this subject.  I have no idea what is out there regar=
ding open source sw for a health clinic.  I have seen some different refe=
rences, but some of those web sites are no longer there or not in English=
.
I will need to use a database for this project, which most of you may alr=
eady know.  The big areas I need to focus on are; Appointments and Follow=
up (reminders), Scheduling, and Insurance processing.
Would anyone from this group be able to help me with this problem?
Can you point me in the right direction or even a sw package?

Regards,
Darren

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C25CFB.55C621B0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV> <DIV>The Grea=
t Plug Group,</DIV> <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt"></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-=
SIZE: 10pt">I am currently enrolled in a Systems Analysis and Design clas=
s.&nbsp; This class we are working on a project as an IT consulting group=
 for New Century Health Clinic.&nbsp; The Clinic as been operating on a p=
aper system since it opened its doors.&nbsp; They curently have&nbsp;no c=
omputers to help perform the work.&nbsp; The&nbsp;class groups have been =
assigned to design a new computer system to get away from all the paper t=
rails.</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fa=
reast-font-family: 'Arial Unicode MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Arial Unico=
de MS'"><?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:of=
fice:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></DIV> <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D=
"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">I am a user of Linux (RH) and wou=
ld like to use open source for our project.&nbsp; Most of the class is us=
ing Winblows and I do not want to even talk about my feelings on this sub=
ject.&nbsp; I have no idea what is out there regarding open source sw for=
 a health clinic.&nbsp; I have seen some different references, but some o=
f those web sites are no longer there or not in English.</SPAN></P> <P cl=
ass=3DMsoNormal>I will need to use a database for this project, which mos=
t of you may already know.&nbsp; The big areas I need to focus on are; Ap=
pointments and Followup (reminders), Scheduling, and Insurance processing=
.</P> <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE=
: 10pt">Would anyone from this group be able to help me with this problem=
?</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR>Can you=
 point me in the right direction or even a sw package?</SPAN></P> <P clas=
s=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPA=
N>&nbsp;</P> <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FO=
NT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10p=
t">Regards,</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><=