losing my usb mouse during suspend

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Oct 2002 13:12:25 -0700

Looks like somebody broke the apm scripts (again) then. I'd file a bug
report with Mandrake, that configuration option is supposed to chvt you
to the 1st text console before suspend leaving X active but not on the
display and then move you back to the 7th console where X is (or what
ever console you told it to use if you have X running on 8 or something)
upon resume. I wrote that change into the apm scripts about 3.5 years
ago because my Inspiron 7K would go to toast if X was active on the
console but worked fine if I was on a text console. I submitted the
change to the apm script maintainer never got a response but within a
month it was included into the apm scripts somewhat differently
implemented. Oh well, the not invented here syndrome.