Mitre Report on Open Source

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:32:53 -0700

I have not read the entire 160 page report, so I apologize in advance for
this question.

In the license comparisons, MITRE picked the EULA for the Microsoft Mobile
Internet Toolkit. That particular EULA was quite funny to skim -
particularly as it prohibits the commingling of the dreaded "Potentially
Viral Software" (aka Open Source) with their pristine pure code.

What is the Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit? Is it some esoteric bit of
code or the foundation for Windows/IE? Does every Windows machine have this
software?

Just curious to see if all the dual boot computers (e.g. Linux & Windows)
in the world are ripe for a lawsuit from Bill.

Mark Phillips