MS2LINUX - Authentication basics

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Oct 2002 17:27:38 -0700

Bill I am bit confused would you please be more explicit? Both on the
NIS "1/2" of your passwd/shadow/group files and on the Linux not
maintaining the authentication.

Actually there is another option for those that liked the NT4 domains or
those that need /are required to maintain a mixed Windows/Linux
environment. SAMBA will happily do NT4 domains and shortly W2k domains
and Linux will quite easily authenticate against it. Not that I'd go
that way but it is an option for those that have a mixed environment.

Cheers,

Davidm