RH 8.0 woes

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Nov 2002 11:50:22 +0000

   Phil,

  When RH came out with 7.0 I jumped on it, couldn't wait to get it. I
ordered a paid version with some documentation directly from RH.

  I never had any serious problems with that release, except that it did
not let me use my ISA legacy nic card. I got around that by upgrading
from 6.2 instead of a clean install and that worked just like a charm.

  When RH came out with 7.1, 7.2, and then 7.3, I downloaded the free
software and upgraded, again, no problems encountered.

  I now have an older pc, P III 450, that is old, but works fine, and
did a clean install from scratch with RH 7.3. No problems.

  Never used the GUI to install, though, always text, and only installed
what I needed, but did include both gnome and kde on this machine since
I also use it for other things and my kids get on it as well.

  I would have no hesitation to install RH 8.0, I have the iso's
downloaded but can't burn them just yet. If I had, RH 8.0 would be up
and running.

  Just my $.02 worth.

  FrankM