Modem Install By A Linux Newbie

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:40:04 -0700

Kermit is a great testing tool; but minicom is more likely to
be included in your distro.  You can talk to your modem and try
to make it dial.

Or maybe just try
echo "ATDT 5550123" > /dev/ttyS3
assuming your modem is on ttyS3 (COM4).  Not sure if that
works but I don't see why it wouldn't.  Maybe you will hear
it dial.

Of course you know that Winmodems don't work right?  Or at least
not without some LinModem driver.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org