Installfest questions....

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 25 May 2002 14:16:52 -0700

Jim wrote:

> I think this, like all, Install Fests, should concentrate on the newbies to
> Linux.  As such, we should concentrate on getting up a familiar desktop (KDE)
> and making sure that they can access the Internet.

This implies that we should have each person bring in their modem cables nad
the phone number, username, password, etc. of their ISP so we can help set all
of that up.

Modem init strings can be a troublesome.

We need to post some minimum hardware requirements to try to minimize the
amount of incompatible hardware that is brought. Perhaps a link to the linux
hardware compatibilty lists are in order.

--
Kevin O'Connor

  "People will be free to devote themselves to activities that are fun ...

The GNU Manifesto - Copyright (C) 1985, 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc.