Installfest questions....

Jim plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 25 May 2002 11:28:45 -0700

I think this, like all, Install Fests, should concentrate on the newbies to
Linux.  As such, we should concentrate on getting up a familiar desktop (KDE)
and making sure that they can access the Internet.  Topics like firewalls
should be beyond the scope of the Install Fest directly.

Since Matt is willing to talk about them in the not-too-distant future, we
can inform the converts that naked access to the Internet, while much safer
with Linux, can still be dangerous.  We can mention the fact that we will be
discussing firewalls at a meeting in the near future.

For that matter, the new converts should be going home with two important
things - a computer running Linux, and the knowledge of how to get more help
from PLUG members thru the mailing lists and meetings.  We should make sure
that everyone, whether or not they get an install, gets a copy of the PLUG
business card with the web address.