How the DMCA could love you too...

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:53:44 -0700

I was reading the story on  /. about the [ab]use of the DMCA to get
pages deindexed from google, and it linked off to

http://www.operatingthetan.com/google/ahl.txt

As I scanned the reply from Google, I noticed that nowhere did the
"guilty" party seem to have the right to challenge whether or not the
data in question was actually a copy right infringement or not.  You
could say it had been "fixed" but not that the complaint was "wrong".

IANAL, but it's nice to know that "guilty until proven innocent" is
the watchword for the day....  Reminds me of trying to survive JLF's
teergrube.  :-)

YMMV.

David