64 emails overnight or spam???

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:16:28 -0500

I sent him a direct email attempting to explain the purpose and benefits of subscribing to an email list.  No reply yet.

If he is interested in Linux, I think he will come back around.  If not, well, he's excercising his freedom.

Alan

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 06:40:23 -0700 Dennis Kibbe <dennisk@sahuaro.f2s.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:52:59PM -0600, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> I guess he wanted his own private little hotline. Tell him to buy
> support from Redhat or something. Sheesh, that's a first for me. I get
> over a thousand emails a day - perhaps I should forward those to him to
> give him a taste of online community participation. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

Sounds like a good oportunity to do some mentoring here. First, help him or her with any problems s/he has getting Linux up and running, then point out sources of online help and finally, show the person how "community support" works.

As it stands, they are likely to go away disgusted about Linux and the whole OS thing and certainly not have anything good to say about it in the future.

Dennis Kibbe