How the DMCA could love you too...

Jason Riedel plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:50:09 -0800 (PST)

Actually,

As far as I know you can always file counter-claim's
against DMCA's. They just make it not worth your
while. For example, people that file the counter
claims have to go up against companies like, Sony
Music, or the Motion Picture Assoication of America.
It's pretty rediculous to fight there lawyers I would
imagine...

YpCat

--- "David A. Sinck" <plug-discuss@grueslayer.com>
wrote:

> I was reading the story on  /. about the [ab]use of
> the DMCA to get
> pages deindexed from google, and it linked off to
>
> http://www.operatingthetan.com/google/ahl.txt
>
> As I scanned the reply from Google, I noticed that
> nowhere did the
> "guilty" party seem to have the right to challenge
> whether or not the
> data in question was actually a copy right
> infringement or not.  You
> could say it had been "fixed" but not that the
> complaint was "wrong".
>
> IANAL, but it's nice to know that "guilty until
> proven innocent" is
> the watchword for the day....  Reminds me of trying
> to survive JLF's
> teergrube.  :-)
>
> YMMV.
>
> David