cox and accessibility

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:59:50 -0700 (MST)

Am 14. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Victor Odhner so:

> Hans, what pages don't work for you?
> Can you give us a URL?

Go to their home page and click on the 'order services' button. Today
they're really slow, so you have to let it site for a while to come up to
the error message. When they're pumping out decent service it happens pretty
quickly.

I'm using konqueror.

In lynx the 'order services' button and a couple of others doesn't even show
up.

I was gonna test with links as well, but they're server stopped responding
again.

OK, they're back up. links gets the same page as lynx.

> I just went to support.cox.net with Opera 6.01 under Win98se

support.cox.net doesn't do my any good because they're trying to keep me
from finding out if I can become a customer.

> Sheesh, I still run into the "this site requires frames"
> message on a lot of sites.  At least they're not doing THAT.

At least frames, for better or worse, are valid html. "You must have <name
the browser>" has never been part of the html standard.

BTW, "links" handles frames and tables fairly well as a text browser.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson