cox and accessibility

Mike Butash plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:43:41 -0700

	There's a cox forum now on their news server that I know for a fact they're
actually watching pretty closely, at least for the time being since it's new
and they ARE curious what people think of the new network.  Might be worth
posting there first or email feedback before calling arms for govt led
smackdowns... sheesh, chill out.  Besides that, lemme see what I can do.
What browser(s) are you coming in with exactly?

-mbutash

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of
der.hans
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 12:56 AM
To: quatsch
Subject: cox and accessibility

moin, moin,

anyone know which gov't offices to hit to complain about Cox' web site and
their lack of accessability?

"In order to access our site you must have one of the following browsers:

Internet Explorer version 4.0 or greater
Netscape Navigator/Communicator version 4.0 or greater"

That comes up *after* the page already came up. If I stop loading before
this message comes up I can use the page. It works just fine, too, even with
cookies disabled. Still no network services, but I could check just fine if
they wouldn't put in the bogus warning/error.

They've been given a state sponsored and authorized monopoly. As a result,
they should have a responsibility to not artificially interfere with people
in the monopolized area from getting info about service or getting service.

There's also the fact that the requirement for those two web browsers
probably violates handicapped access laws...

Here's the corporation commission.

http://www.cc.state.az.us/

I'm not certain if there is any other agency that should be contacted.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...