mount problems

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:41:35 -0700

  Carl> Whenever I try to mount a audio CD I get the
  Carl> following error message.

Audio CDs are not mounted. They are not iso9660 file
systems.

What are you trying to do? Get them to play, or look at
the tracks.

cdparanoia will list and rip tracks off an audio CD.

If it's not playing automatically, I don't know offhand
what would be wrong.

  Carl> /dev/sda4		/mnt/zip100.0	vfat	noauto,user	0 0
  Carl> /dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1     iso9660
  Carl> noauto,owner,user,kudzu,ro 0 0

This may just be a typo from cutting and pasting that
caused "noauto,..." to wrap to the next line, but each
entry in /etc/fstab should be a separate complete line.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ