mount problems

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:53:35 -0700

here's what I found in the FAQ for XCDroast:

http://www.xcdroast.org/xcdr098/faq-a9.html#2

2. Why doesn't X-CD-Roast find my harddrives/CD-Burner/CD-ROMs?

X-CD-Roast 0.96e had limited ATAPI-device support. But this was just a quick
hack and I had a lot of complaints that the code detected devices wrong. So I
decided to remove ANY ATAPI/IDE-code from X-CD-Roast. And there is really
absolutely no reason why you need it anyway. Direct support of partitions and
harddisks is gone, so you never need to see devices of this kind in X-CD-Roast.

But in order to write a CD, X-CD-Roast must of course detect your CD-Writer. If
you have a SCSI-Writer there should never be a problem. All you need is
generic-scsi support in the kernel. ATAPI/IDE-Writers need scsi-emulation to be
detected and accessable. You have to install scsi-emulation for ALL your
ATAPI-CDROM drives too, if you want to use them within X-CD-Roast.
Parallel-Writers need the parallelport-driver in the kernel.