./configure Error

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
14 Jul 2002 11:36:54 -0700

Whenever I run ./configure on my MDK8.2 server I get the following
messages:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

It wasn't always like this, just after the servers only total lockup
when I was testing out the vloopback module.  The kernel panicked a few
times and froze.  After the hard reset :-(, Several things were not
right.  Licq's config was broken (fixed that), The permissions were lost
on /dev (devfs) and now this.  The first two I could handle but not the
gcc one.  Could anyone tell me where to begin on fixing this?

Also, I'm running ReiserFS and the broken files/permissions really
confused me because ReiserFS is not known for breaking things, only
fixing.

--
Bryce Chidester
Network Administrator