./configure Error

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:03:05 -0400

I'm running ReiserFS on my / filesystem, and if I don't unmount cleanly
(loss of power, video lockup, CPU overheat, etc), I have to reboot 3
times before everything is back to "normal."  I know it sounds odd, but
reboot two more times and see what happens.  The last time this happened
to me, my sensors modules would not load (unresolved symbols).  I
rebooted, and they loaded, but gave me the same reading - no temperature
change, and the temperature was way off.  I rebooted again, and
everything worked fine.  Personally, I don't think ReiserFS is ready for
primetime.

I have fixed almost everything I can with a UPS and 5 fans (intake,
exhaust, recirc, CPU cooler, video cooler), so I don't lock up any more.

George