SuSE 7.3 installation

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:10:34 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,
I'm trying a SuSE install using ftp. It looks like the
ethernet interface gets configured correctly. If I
switch vt's I can see that the interface is up.
However, after I enter the ftp.suse.com IP
address(can't use hostnames) it tries to contact the
server for about a minute, then gives me the error
message, "Error while accessing the FTP server" Failed
to connect to FTP server. I get this error after
entering this information manually.

mycurrentIP: 68.3.128.78
gateway: 68.3.128.1
DNS: 68.6.19.237 (ns.west.cox.net)
SuSEFTPserver: 202.58.118.12

I tried the BOOTP/DHCP option but received this error:

"No response from BOOTP server. bootpc failed to
locate a network address".

Anybody having trouble doing ftp linux installations
with cox.net?