Evolution on RedHat 7.2

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
22 Jan 2002 23:32:08 -0700

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 11:14, Nancy Sollars wrote:

> [...]
-----
Thanks for the mindless crap call - some of us actually like the
bloatware - the feature glutted, leave junk all over /tmp (isn't that
what /tmp is for?) and isn't that at least partly the reason for
Microsoft's success? I have to tell you that this mindless crap allows
me to reply to this email in Evolution - which is the most exciting
'user' application I have seen in linux thus far but I have had
separation anxiety for Outlook 2000 for the few months I have been
forsaking my Windows machine for linux.

Top performance can be overrated - I primarily use my computer for email
and ssh to client computers etc in a terminal window so the weight of
bloatware isn't a concern to me at this point - hell, I'm using the
cheapest 8 megabyte video card ($ 24) and audio card  ($ 12) that I
could find at Fry's. I thought it was an incredible step up from a 4mb
video card and no sound.

Lastly, I would venture that the same people that struggle with solving
dependencies in rpm would also struggle with the entire setup of apt-get
too so I fail to see the distinction.

Craig