RedHat 8.0 Upgrade Thoughts

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Dec 2002 09:48:13 -0700

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 08:53, Patrick Fleming EA wrote:

> > > How well is php working with Apache?  Last I heard, php4 didn't work very well
> > > with apache 2.x.
> > >
> > -----
> > I am by no means a heavy user of php/apache but I haven't had any
> > problems yet with the exception of point #2 - a few seconds to fix.
> >
> > Craig
> I also read that apache 2.x and php didn't play well together, but I am
> currently using php4 with apache 2.x and only had the above mentioned
> confguration problems. Mine were also installed using RH distributed RPMs.
> Could it be that the compiled versions didn't play well together while RH
> chose to fix the 'bugs' so at least their versions did work together? Or
> it could simply be that we are not using the full power of php and those
> are the parts that are broken.
------
Well RH 8 just updated apache 2 & ssl yesterday but like most
conservative admins...I put RH 8 on my own systems and am playing with
it but have yet to put it on anything that could be labelled a
production system. It does seem to work but I don't think that an email
system with 2 users on it PHP/MySQL/Apache is much of a stress test.

Craig