RedHat 8.0 Upgrade Thoughts

Brian Tafoya plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Dec 2002 13:13:41 -0700

--=-EAnVnIImQo59q4TuE8fb

I did give it a good solid month of testing and even though it was
stable, it did not perform up to my expectations (I am a compile Apache
from source kind of guy anyway) so now am running Apache 1.32 with all
the goodies on RH8 and am very happy with it, including on several
production machines.

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 09:48, Craig White wrote:

> ------
> Well RH 8 just updated apache 2 & ssl yesterday but like most
> conservative admins...I put RH 8 on my own systems and am playing with
> it but have yet to put it on anything that could be labelled a
> production system. It does seem to work but I don't think that an email
> system with 2 users on it PHP/MySQL/Apache is much of a stress test.
>
> Craig

Brian Tafoya <btafoya@briantafoya.com>
brian tafoya dot com

--=-EAnVnIImQo59q4TuE8fb

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I did give it a good solid month of testing and even though it was stable, it did not perform up to my expectations (I am a compile Apache from source kind of guy anyway) so now am running Apache 1.32 with all the goodies on RH8 and am very happy with it, including on several production machines.<BR>
<BR>
Well RH 8 just updated apache 2 &amp; ssl yesterday but like most
conservative admins...I put RH 8 on my own systems and am playing with
it but have yet to put it on anything that could be labelled a
production system. It does seem to work but I don't think that an email
system with 2 users on it PHP/MySQL/Apache is much of a stress test.

Craig
---------------------------------------------------</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
-- <BR>
Brian Tafoya &lt;<A HREF="mailto:btafoya@briantafoya.com">btafoya@briantafoya.com</A>&gt;<BR>