RedHat 8.0 Upgrade Thoughts

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:53:33 -0700 (MST)

> > How well is php working with Apache?  Last I heard, php4 didn't work very well
> > with apache 2.x.
> >
> -----
> I am by no means a heavy user of php/apache but I haven't had any
> problems yet with the exception of point #2 - a few seconds to fix.
>
> Craig
I also read that apache 2.x and php didn't play well together, but I am
currently using php4 with apache 2.x and only had the above mentioned
confguration problems. Mine were also installed using RH distributed RPMs.
Could it be that the compiled versions didn't play well together while RH
chose to fix the 'bugs' so at least their versions did work together? Or
it could simply be that we are not using the full power of php and those
are the parts that are broken.

--
Patrick Fleming, EA
http://myhdvest.com/patrickfleming