digital camera suggestions

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:31:24 -0700

On Friday 23 August 2002 06:54 am, you wrote:
>  Now this is the message I've been waiting for. Last night
>  I looked at a Nikon 2500 at Best Buy, and thought I would
>  wait until today to see if it was compatible. It looks
>  like I'll own one of these by tonight :-0
>
>  If I get the PCMCIA adapter, does this plug into a IDE cable?

IDE cable? AFAIK, that has nothing to do with digital cameras. If you have a
desktop computer with a USB port, any distro with the 2.4 kernel will see the
CF card in the camera straight away as a SCSI device and you can mount it as
a normal drive. Just use the cable that comes with the 2500.

If you have a laptop either use the USB port or buy an inexpensive PCMCIA
adapter ($10) and the CF card will again be recognized.

You'll not only be able to swap pictures to the hard drive but use the CF
card to back up files on your computer.

Dennis