digital camera suggestions

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:54:10 -0500

 Now this is the message I've been waiting for. Last night
 I looked at a Nikon 2500 at Best Buy, and thought I would
 wait until today to see if it was compatable. It looks
 like I'll own one of these by tonight :-0

 If I get the PCMCIA adapter, does this plug into a IDE cable?

 The other posters are right. CF is a good choice. If the camera you choose
 saves in either TIF or JPG you won't miss the software that comes with the
 camera, just pull the CF card from the camera and insert it into the PCMCIA
 adapter which costs less that $10 dollars.

 My Nikon 2500 ($200~$250) works great this way and I can also plug the camera
 directly into the USB port with the supplied cable and the Debian sees it as
 a hard drive. Nothing to keep you from mixing photos and backed up files on
 the same CF card either.

 Dennis Kibbe