digital camera suggestions

Eric Thelin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 01:42:01 -0700 (MST)

I recently bought an Olympus D-550 and it works great with linux.  I
just plug the camera in to the USB port, load the usb-storage module and
then mount the camera as sda1.  I also bought a media reader at Fry's
for $22 that reads compact flash cards, smartmedia (which my camera
uses), and SD cards.  They have others that do memory sticks as well.
The media reader plugs in and mounts the same way.  So no matter what
kind of camera you get if you buy a media reader and have a USB port you
will linux compatibility will not be an issue.  But most camera's are
supported natively or with gphoto anyway.  So it just comes down to pick
the camera you want and assume you can get it to work in linux.

Eric