Lexmark printer problem . . . still

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
21 Aug 2002 14:27:20 -0700

Michelle,
I don't know anything about the Z23, but some things I'm doing to try to
solve my Lexmark problems I'll share. First check out the Lexmark
website. they actually do have linux info in the knowlege base. It's
pretty hard to get to though. And so far I haven't found all the info I
need. Check out LinuxPrinting.org there is *lots* of good info there.
Email Lexmark's tech support. It took a few days but I did get a
response from them and so far they seem to be willing to try to help me
though this (far cry from a few years ago when all I got on hardware
problems was "We don't support linux"). Remember its important to let
these companies know that they have Linux customers. Also if you have
the option to set your printer up as a network printer instead of usign
the USB try that. I don't know why but so far I'm having a *lot* more
luck with my Z65n connected to the network than I did pluging it
directly into my computer.

Hope some of this helps.

Carl Parrish