Mandrake 8.2 clock

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:21:14 -0700

Hi, all-

My clock does not work well under Mandrake 8.2. Each time I sign on, the
time is either 5 hours ahead or 5 hours behind where it should be. I
tried changing the time with the KDE gui. No dice. I can correct the
time while under that session, but the next time I sign on, the clock
exhibits the same problem. I checked hwclock, and verified that my
hardware clock was keeping correct time. I tried re-setting the sytem
time, and then doing hwclock --hctosys. No difference. I tried using the
--localtime switch. No difference. I tried using the --utc switch.
Again, no difference. Any insights as to how I can get this corrected?

Lee Einer