Windows Media Player DRM is now.

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:03:08 -0700 (MST)

Window is now configured by default to make backing
up some files impossible without also backing up an
authorization key. Welcome to flavor country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4477138,00.html

"I have been collecting music using Windows Media Player to copy from
CDs. When I needed to reformat my hard drive, I copied all my files to
CD-R, re-installed my operating system and copied them back, only to
find my music would not play."

 "These security related updates may disable your ability
 to copy and/or play Secure Content and use other software
 on your computer." - MS Media Player EULA